عنوان مقاله [English]
In this research, the influence of various weight percentages of reinforcing particles on the microstructure and mechanical properties of composites was investigated. Aluminum alloy (A356) matrix composites reinforced with 0.5, 1 and 1.5 wt. % nano-particle SiC (about 80nm) were fabricated via stir casting method. Fabrication was performed at 610°∁ by the injection of reinforcing particles into molten alloy. The composites were characterized by field emission scanning electron microscope (FESEM) equipped with image analyzer and energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) and, Optical microscope (OM). Microstructure evaluation revealed a uniform distribution of nano particles with reduced in weight percentages and the average size of dendritic arms has decreased at least 50 percent. .Brinell hardness measurement showed that addition of reinforcing particles gives rise to hardness compared to matrix alloy and the highest increase was for the sample contain 0.5% SiC with 40 percent increase. The porosity percentage in the materials was calculated according to the difference between the theoretical and measured density and revealed that porosity increased about 3% by increasing in amount of SiC particles.
1. F.HE., "Ceramic Nanoparticles in Metal Matrix Composites", Purdue University, USA, Woodhead Publishing Limited, 2013, Ch 6.
2. C. Borgonovo, D. Apelian, "Manufacture of Aluminum Nanocomposites: A Critical Review", Materials Science Forum, 2011,Vol 678, pp 1-22.
3. S. Donthamsetty, R.D.Nageswara, "Investigation on Mechanical Properties of A356 Nanocomposites Fabricateded by Ultrasonic Assisted Cavitation", Daffodil International University Journal of Science and Technology, 2010, Vol 5(2), pp 48-55.
4. Yong Yang, J.Lan, Xiaochun Li, "Study on Bulk Aluminum Matrix Nano-Composite Fabricated by Ultrasonic Dispersion of Nano-Sized SiC Particles in Molten Aluminum Alloy", Materials Science and EngineeringA, 2004, Vol 380, pp 378–383.
5. R. Casati, M. Vedani, "Metal Matrix Composites Reinforced by Nano-Particles—A Review", Metals, 2014, Vol 4, pp 65-83.
6. Daniel R. Kongshaug, J.B.Ferguson, B.F. Schultz, P.K. Rohatgi, , “Reactive Stir Mixing of Al–Mg/Al2O3np Metal Matrix Nanocomposites: Effects of Mg andReinforcement Concentration and Method of Reinforcement Incorporation”, Journal of Materials Science, 2014,Vol 49, pp 2106–2116.
7. S.A. Sajjadi, H.R.Ezatpour, H. Beygi, “Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Al–Al2O3 Micro and Nano Composites Fabricated by Stir Casting”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 2011, Vol 528, pp 8765–8771.
8. S. Tahamtan, A.Halvaee, M. Emamy, M.S. Zabihi, "Fabrication of Al/A206–Al2O3 Nano/micro Composite by Combining Ball Milling and Stir Casting Technology” Materials andDesign, 2013, Vol 49, pp 347–359.
9. B.F. Schultz, J.B.Ferguson, P.K. Rohatgi, “Microstructure and Hardness of Al2O3 Nanoparticle Reinforced Al–Mg Composites Fabricated by Reactive Wetting and Stir Mixing”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 2011, Vol 530, pp 87–97.
10. K.Kalaiselvan, N.Murugan, S. Parameswaran, “Production and Characterization of AA6061–B4C Stir Cast Composite” Materials and Design, 2011, Vol 32, pp 4004–4009.
11. K.M. Shorowordi, T.Laoui, A.S.M.A. Haseeb, J.P. Celis, L. Froyen “Microstructure and Interface Characteristics of B4C, SiC and Al2O3 Reinforced Al Matrix Composites: a Comparative Study”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 2003, Vol 142, pp 738–743.
12. R. Mitra, V.S.Chalapathi, R. Maiti, M. Chakraborty “Stability and Response to Rolling of the Interfaces in Cast Al–SiCp and Al–Mg Alloy-SiCp Composites", Materials Science and EngineeringA, 2004, Vol 379, pp 391–400.
13. Ali Mazahery, M.O.S, “Plasticity and microstructure of A356 matrix nano composites” Journal of King Saud University, Engineering Sciences, 2013, Vol 25, pp 41–48.
14. C.C. Koch, “NanostructuredMaterials: Processing, Properties, and Applications”, 2006, Norwich, NY, US, William Andrew.
15. S. Indris, D. Bork, P. Heitjans, “Nanocrystalline Oxide Ceramics Prepared by High-Energy Ball Milling” Journal of Materials Synthesis and Processing, Vol. 8, No. 3-4, 2000, PP 245-250
16. Hao Yu, “Processing Routes for Aluminum based Nano-Composites” Degree of Master of Science, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Material Science & Engineering, 2012.
17. Omyma El-Kady, A.Fathy, “Effect of SiC particle size on the physical and mechanical properties of extruded Al matrix nanocomposites”, Materials and Design, 2014, Vol 54, pp 348–353.
18. Hai Su, Wenli Gao, Zhaohui Feng, Zheng Lu, “Processing, Microstructure and Tensile Properties of Nano-sized Al2O3 Particle Reinforced Aluminum Matrix Composites”, Materials and Design, 2012, Vol 36, pp 590–596.
19. صالح تهمتن, "بررسی ریزساختار و خواص مکانیکیAl/A206-5%Al2O3 تهیه شده به روش ریختهگری کوبشی", دانشکده مهندسی متالورژی و مواد 1392, دانشگاه تهران.
20. P. Padhi, S.Kar, "A Novel Route for Development of Bulk Al/SiC Metal Matrix Nanocomposites", Journal of Nanotechnology, 2011, pp 1-5.
21. J.B. Ferguson, I.Aguirre, H. Lopez , B.F. Schultz , Kyu Cho , P.K. Rohatgi "Tensile Properties of Reactive Stir-Mixed and Squeeze Cast Al/CuOnp-Based Metal Matrix Nanocomposites", Materials Science & Engineering A, 2014, Vol 611, pp 326–332.
22. H.R. Ezatpour, S.A.Sajjadi, M.H. Sabzevar, Y. Huang "Investigation of Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Al6061-Nanocomposite Fabricated by Stir Casting", Materials and Design, 2014, Vol 55, pp 921–928.
23. A. Lekatou, A.E.Karantzalis, A. Evangelou, V. Gousia, G. Kaptay, Z. Gácsi, P. Baumli, A. Simon, "Aluminium Reinforced by WC and TiC Nanoparticles (ex-situ) and Aluminide Particles (in-situ): Microstructure, Wear and Corrosion Behaviour", Materials & Design, 2015,Vol 65, pp 1121–1135.
24. J. Hashim, L.Looney, M.S.J. Hashmi, ”Metal Matrix Composites: Production by the Stir Casting Method”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 1999, Vol 92-93,pp 1-7.
25. N. Valibeygloo, R.A.Khosroshahi, R.T. Mousavian, "Microstructural and Mechanical Properties of Al-4.5wt% Cu Reinforced with Alumina Nanoparticles by Stir Casting Method", International Journal of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials, 2013, Vol 20(10), pp 978-985.
26. M.O. Shabani, A.Mazahery, "Application of Finite Element Model and Artificial Neural Network in Characterization of Al Matrix Nanocomposites Using Various Training Algorithms",Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 2012, Vol 43, pp 2158-2165.
27. Sukesha V, R.Ranjan, G. Nagesh, K. Sekar, "Fabrication and Study on Mechanical and Tribological Properties of Nano Al2O3 and Micro B4C Particles-Reinforced A356 Hybridcomposites", India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference, 2014, pp 1-6.